Breakfast kale is hard to even consider a recipe, yet it is extremely popular amongst the folks at Apricot Lane Farms, so we had to share. Kale grows nearly year-round, and if you harvest without stripping the plant down completely, the same plant can continue nearly year round. Top some breakfast kale with a soft cooked farm-fresh pastured egg, and breakfast has truly never been better. We also like to add a small scoop of homemade sauerkraut on the side for digestion. Molly eats this at least 3 times a week!
- 1 person
- 5 mins
- 2 tsp avocado oil, ghee or coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, warm oil and red pepper flakes until oil is glistening.
- Add kale, sea salt and pepper.
- Turn with tongs until all of the kale turns bright green and shiny. If any dull pieces remain, keep turning. It will take approx. 3 minutes.
- Serve with a soft cooked fried egg.
Copyright © 2020 Apricot Lane Farms. All rights reserved.