Breakfast kale is hard to even consider a recipe, yet it is extremely popular amongst the folks at Apricot Lane Farms, so we had to share. Kale grows nearly year-round, and if you harvest without stripping the plant down completely, the same plant can continue nearly near round, as well! Top some breakfast kale with a dippy farm-fresh pastured egg, and breakfast has truly never been better. We also like to add a small scoop of homemade sauerkraut on the side for digestion. Molly eats this at least 3 times a week!
Molly likes her breakfast kale salty like potato chips, using a mineral-rich sea salt. So, you may want to start with 1/16 tsp sea salt and work up to 1/8 tsp, if you're up for it. We gave you three oil options. Each one changes the flavor, so rotate through and find your favorite.
- 1 person
- 5 mins
- 2 tsp avocado oil, ghee or coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/16 - 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/16 - 1/8 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, warm oil and red pepper flakes until oil is glistening.
- Add kale, sea salt and pepper.
- Turn with tongs until all of the kale turns bright green and shiny. If any dull pieces remain, keep turning. It will take approx. 3 minutes.
- Serve under a dippy egg and enjoy!
Copyright © 2019 Apricot Lane Farms. All rights reserved.