Living on a farm filled with fragrant lemon trees never gets old! This vinaigrette is a simple example why. In Molly’s case, she can easily collect the main ingredient on the 50-yard “commute” from her office to the kitchen. Sure beats running to the grocery store!
The Medjool dates offer a depth of sweetness to what would otherwise be a tart vinaigrette. They also act as an emulsifier, which binds and thickens the dressing.
- Yield: 1 1/2 Cups (355 ML)
- 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh lemon juice (about 2 large)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3 pitted Medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until combined.
- Use immediately or refrigerate if not using the same day.
- Allow refrigerated dressing to warm to room temperature for 10 minutes before serving. Shake well before pouring.
Copyright © 2019 Apricot Lane Farms. All rights reserved.